One Sunday afternoon, I was on my way back to the campus when my two friends, James and Jared asked me to go out to eat with them. I said sure because we never had a chance to hang out. So we went to Union Station to eat Chinese food. It was good and I put a lot of bourbon sauce on my chicken. I asked where to go now and they said I pick. I decided to go outside and walked around Union Station. I then asked them if they wanted to go see George Washington University because I have a few friends there. They said sure!! So we walked towards the university but after an half-hour we were getting tired of walking so we went to the metro and met my friend at Foggy Bottom stop. I introduced them and my friend showed us the campus. It is pretty spread out! I haven’t looked in the gym but it sure does look big on the outside.
We went into the library and it was big. I don’t remember how many floors but I think 8 floors. It looked pretty nice. There was on good advantage- there was Starbucks next to the library. They are lucky to have that. They got something to drink then we went to my friend’s fraternity- Kappa Sigma. I already know the people in KS because my brother’s in that fraternity. My friend introduced them to all the members and pledges. Then we left because they had a meeting. At the metro, we pretended to be statues by sitting still and posing. It was pretty funny because a woman kept looking at us. we got off at New York avenue metro because the shuttle wasn’t running. We walked back but we had fun though. After that we went to Jared’s room and played his videogame Burnout. It is a pretty good game. I love racing.
Looking back on that day, I realized I haven’t had that much fun in a long time. I felt like I had a chance to be myself, that I didn’t have to worry about what people thought of me if I did silly things or crazy things. If I am with friends I am comfortable with I will be myself. It was a good experience for me. I am glad my friends asked me or I wouldn’t had fun like I did with them. I hope I will be able to do that again with them!!
No comments:
Post a Comment