Last month, I went to get my lip pierced. I was supposed to do it on one weekend but postponed to the next weekend. Then I got sick and my brother was going to postponed to the next weekend but I told him no I already waited enough I wanted it now. It was Friday night. He say fine, do it the next night.
It was Saturday. I slept all day and did not wake up until 7-ish. I felt really sick and so tired. But I still wanted to go, no matter what. I was very determined to go. It was raining that night too. My brother and I waited outside the campus for the public bus to come. We stood for like half an hour because we had no idea when it was coming. Finally the bus came. It was a little bit crowded. We rode the bus to Adams Morgan. When we got off we walked a little bit until we arrived to the place.
When we went in, we waited a few minutes and looked at the designs. I asked the woman about the piercing. She said it wouldn’t hurt, just sting. I ask if I can still get it pierced even if I’m sick and she said yes. That was a relief because I didn’t want to go all the way there and come back with nothing. We went to the back and I sat on this chair. I wanted to video it but the woman said no. She prepped my lip with alcohol swab thing and I rinsed my mouth with mouthwash too. It was time to get it pierced. I was very nervous I don’t know why haha. As she put it through it was fast, but then as she put a ball on I felt pain. I don’t handle pain that much, even though I have a tattoo on my back. When she was done I felt relieved again. No more pain. I looked in the mirror and it looked great.
After that, it felt weird having a foreign object in my mouth. I kept playing with it even when I was not supposed to. I took care of it everyday by washing with mouthwash. Now I haven’t been doing that. I still use mouthwash at least once a week to make sure I don’t get it infected. I wear retainers so it has been a conflict like my piercing back gets stuck in my retainer. It happens a whole lot! Sometimes that does hurt. Or if I accidently hit my piercing. Now that really hurts. But I am glad I have it now.
No comments:
Post a Comment